Happy October!!! October 1 is always one of my very favorite days of the whole year. It kicks off a fun month of Fall festivities, followed by all the best holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. I’ve never experienced Fall in New York, but I hear it is fantastic. There is so much to do that I thought I’d make a list of goals to make sure I squeeze it all in!
- Buy a pumpkin and carve it.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds for a salty snack.
- Drink hot apple cider in my favorite “Keep Calm” mug from London.
- Run the 6 mile loop in Central Park to see all the beautiful leaves changing colors.
- See the Village Halloween Parade on October 31.
- Ride bikes throughout Central Park.
- Check out the Plaza Food Halls.
- See the seals at the Central Park Zoo.
- Tour the Brooklyn Brewery.
- Watch the Macy’s Parade Balloon Inflation the evening before Thanksgiving.
- Experience Bike MS New York City – the only traffic-free bike event in the city (even though I’ll be working it… sorry for the shameless promotion).
- Visit Four Freedoms Park, a brand new memorial to FDR opening this October on Roosevelt Island.
- Volunteer with Hope for New York.
- Get lost in The Amazing Maize Maze at Queens County Farm Museum.
- Watch a Carolina football game at the UNC bar, Brother Jimmy’s.
- Make crock-pot cinnamon almonds.
- Finish the Word Revolution to focus on speaking life with my words.
- Go ice skating in Bryant Park.
Who’s with me?!