Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you had a fun time ringing in 2014 and the fresh start that it is.
Goals, goals, goals. They’re the things that motivate me and shape my daily routine. So at the beginning of each year, I like to create realistic and broad goals, which are then achieved through smaller goals (which might be monthly, weekly, or daily) or new habits. This year, here’s what will be motivating me:
1. Run my second half-marathon (April 5 in Cville) without stopping and in under 2 hours, 15 minutes.
2. Organize personal schedules better with a paper planner (I’ve found I’ve gotten lazy trying to do this electronically).
3. Plan one unique date each month.
4. Wake up at 7:15 a.m. every weekday morning (I normally don’t wake up until 8:00 and love my sleep).
5. Travel somewhere I’ve never been before.
6. Plan healthy meals for each week (and grocery shop ahead of time).
7. Take a DSLR camera/photography class (so that I’m not always on the Auto setting!).
8. Celebrate our first wedding anniversary by being together on the actual day (wherever Rob’s internship is located) and a special trip in May.
9. Read one book each month.
10. Focus on an outlet for my creative side (more details to come!).
What do you have planned in the year ahead?